Edward Hunter Snow was born June 23, 1865 in St. George, Utah and during his life lived in several of the local historic homes. He died July 18, 1932 and is buried in St. George. Snow’s first job was working in a hay field for A.W. Ivins. Later attending BYU in 1882, Snow took and taught classes. In 1884, Snow organized domestic clubs in Washington County, and was appointed the County Registration for the Utah Commission. He graduated from BYU’s Normal College in 1885. After graduation, Snow taught in the Santa Clara school. In September 1885, he married Hannah Nelson. In June 1886, Snow was called to serve on a mission to the Southern States. After his mission, he served as a counselor to A.W. Ivins to the Young Men’s Mutual Improvement Association (YMMIA). He was a telegraph operator in St. George. He served on the Community for Legislative Apportionment with J. F. Chidester who was the chairman. He served in the first Utah state legislature from 1896-1897 representing Iron, Washington, and Kane counties. Prior to April 1901, Snow served as a Stake Clerk, after which he was called as the President of the St. George Stake. He was the first Board of Education Chair for Washington County and served until 1925. At the same time, he helped build Dixie College, Hurricane, Enterprise and Toquerville schools. Snow was one of the original founders of the Bank of St. George and the Southern Utah Telegraph Company in 1904. Through his work with the bank, Snow likely helped fund the first ice plant, new home developments for the St. George Building and Loan Society, and a 1/6 portion of the Roller Mill which was the second iteration of the Washington Mill in 1891. The mill was abandoned in 1917 when a second electrical mill was built and operated in St. George. He acted as president to the St. George Bank during the banking crises of 1929. Snow served as the Chairman of Board of Equalization committee and worked with the Tax Commission during 1930 and 1931 when major tax revision laws were passed. In addition, Snow served on the boards of Santa Clara Bench Company, St. George Valley Irrigation Company, and he dry farmed in the Mountain Meadows area.